Reach Higher Shasta supports initiatives from the first day a child is born to the first day in their career ensuring every student has every option available to them.
For Parents & Students
Reach Higher Shasta provides resources for students to be successful at all stages of learning.
Check out these college and career readiness tools.
Reach Higher Shasta has a specific group of resources designed for parents. These resources are designed to help you help your child succeed.
As a teacher there is nothing more satifying than knowing your students are prepared for their future career. Give your students the advantage with helping them discover a fulfilling career path.
RHS NEWS AND EVENTS
Follow the Conversation!
You can also follow us on Instagram: @reachhighershasta
Recent Events /
• KinderCollege Day 2023
– On Friday, May 12, 2023, we sponsored KinderCollege Day which brings over 1000 Kindergartners together to experience career fields available across our county. The students rotate through different areas hearing from a variety of presenters about their jobs. The goal is to introduce them to the vast opportunities ahead of them and to inspire them toward a path where they can realize their goals and dreams!
– See photos from this event on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ReachHigherShasta
• College & Career Signing Day 2023
– On Wednesday, May 10, 2023, we honored 66 Shasta County seniors who will be heading to over 40 unique institutions this fall including trade schools, community colleges, the military, four-year universities, and entrepreneurship.
– You can watch a replay of this year’s event here: https://www.youtube.com/live/
– Find out more about this event here: https://reachhighershasta.com/college-career-signing-day/
• SMART Workforce Career Fair
– On Thursday, March 23, we invited High School Juniors and Seniors to have the opportunity to meet employers and learn about their workplace. This was a great time to prepare for a summer job.
– More information here: https://www.thesmartcenter.biz/2023-shasta-job-fair
• Week of the Young Child
– April 1-8, 2023
– This series of events is put on by our partners, First 5 Shasta. The purpose of WTYC is to bring attention to the needs of young children, their families, and early childhood education programs that contribute to their future success. Learn more about this year’s schedule here: https://first5shasta.org/uploads/files/WOYC-Calendar-2023.pdf
• No Excuses University
– This two-day conference happened on March 10-11, 2023. 100 educators gathered at Shasta College to learn how to develop their systems under the framework of college and career readiness for all.
– Check out a highlight video from this year’s conference here: https://youtu.be/9rTfEogmrtE