Reach Higher Shasta supports initiatives from the first day a child is born to the first day in their career ensuring every student has every option available to them.
For Parents & Students
Reach Higher Shasta provides resources for students to be successful at all stages of learning.
Check out these college and career readiness tools.
Reach Higher Shasta has a specific group of resources designed for parents. These resources are designed to help you help your child succeed.
As a teacher there is nothing more satifying than knowing your students are prepared for their future career. Give your students the advantage with helping them discover a fulfilling career path.
Follow the Conversation!
You can also follow us on Instagram: @reachhighershasta
What’s Happening /
• SMART Workforce Career Fair
– High School Juniors and Seniors have the opportunity to meet employers and learn about their workplace. This is a great time to prepare for a summer job.
– Thursday, March 23, 2023 11am – 2pm in the Gymnasium at Simpson University
– More information here: https://www.thesmartcenter.biz/2023-shasta-job-fair
• Week of the Young Child
– April 1-8, 2023
– This series of events is put on by our partners, First 5 Shasta. The purpose of WTYC is to bring attention to the needs of young children, their families, and early childhood education programs that contribute to their future success. Learn more about this year’s schedule here: https://first5shasta.org/uploads/files/WOYC-Calendar-2023.pdf
• College & Career Signing Day 2023
– Wednesday, May 10, 2023 (McLaughlin Auditorium)
– Find out more about this event here: https://reachhighershasta.com/college-career-signing-day/
Recent Events /
• No Excuses University
– This two-day conference happened on March 10-11, 2023. 100 educators gathered at Shasta College to learn how to develop their systems under the framework of college and career readiness for all.
– Check out a highlight video from this year’s conference here: https://youtu.be/9rTfEogmrtE