What Is It?
This will be an event sponsored by RHS to highlight and spotlight a group of high school seniors from Shasta County high schools who have made plans to pursue some type of
it is important?
Very little is done in the region to recognize plans for continuing education and training for our high school students that
Goals of the event
- To make high school students and their families aware of the myriad of opportunities available to them
- To demonstrate our willingness to celebrate future plans with students from all walks of life and from all high schools, large and small, in our region
- To celebrate the diversity of
post highschool choices being pursued by Shasta County seniors
- To inspire underclassmen to put some thought into their own
post highschool plans
Basic Framework Ideas
Setting: Program honoring the students, recognizing them and identifying their choice for post high school education/training. Have a reception with food and drink in the lobby after the event.
Students to be honored – how to choose them?
- A male and a female student from each Shasta County school that is sending a student to post high school education
- All high schools, homeschool (2 students), privates, independents, charters, Pioneer, Freedom, Good News Rescue Mission, others……
- Priority goes to students from the small schools first and priority goes to the unique post-high school institutions that are being attended
- Try to get at least 1 student of every post-high school institution that is represented by our 2018 senior class (allow for more than 2 students per school in order to accommodate unique receiving institutions)
After the small schools and the unique post-high school institutions are chosen, fill in with students from the larger schools (giving priority to the receiving institutions that have yet to be represented by our other students)