How Local Educators are Creating a New Culture
- Creating and maintaining a college-going culture in the school
- Emphasizing key cognitive strategies
- Holding high expectations for all students, then providing differing degrees of scaffolding based on student need
- Creating a core academic program that is aligned with and leads to college and career readiness by the end of 12th grade
- Making the senior year meaningful, challenging and engaging
- Reducing course selection choice in favor of college-focused and career-aligned offerings
- Creating assignments and grading policies that more closely approximate college expectations each successive year of school
- Promoting key self-management skills and academic behaviors with formative feedback to students toward skill/behavior development
Do Your Students Know the Shasta Promise?
- Shasta Promise is a commitment among institutions to ensure that higher education is an attainable goal for every student in Shasta County. Click HERE to learn more about the Shasta Promise.